1-800-goog411

THIS REALLY WORKS  TRY IT!

Here’s a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed dial: 1-800-goog411.  This is an awesome service from Google, and it’s free – great when you are on the road.

I tried it today, called the Bay in Vancouver, Canadian Tire in Terrace and a local gift shop just to see!  It does ask for state but just use BC, etc for Canada. Forget the phone book or Canada 411, just ask for the business you want and bingo! 

Here’s How It Works:  I am driving along in my car and I need to call a store and I don’t know the number.  I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed.

The voice at the other end says, ‘City &State.’  I say, Terrace, British Columbia’  He says, ‘Business, Name or Type of Service.’  I say, Canadian Tire.  He says, Canadian Tire on Highway 16 in Terrace, BC …Connecting and Canadian Tire answers the phone.  How great is that?  This is nationwide and it is absolutely free!

Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick demonstration.

google.com/goog411/

IS GOOGLE TAKING OVER THE WORLD??

is this an advertisement or recommendation? :S

It’s just something someone sent me, I tried it and am passing it on…no ulterior motive, I’m not advertising for ‘google’, just information.

What Goog 411 is good for is to make free skype calls. 1800 numbers are free for skype, and Goog 411 connects you for free.