Petronas LNG in Prince Rupert, Happening or Not?

I think alot of people won’t be back on this site!

[/quote][quote=“Grant_G, post:99, topic:16980”]
Meaningful conversation…He tried to compare an election result, an election which everyone got wrong, an election where Adrian Dix blew a 20 point lead…That`s what you call meaningful?..D White looking for a gotcha moment…Totally off topic…
[/quote]

Hi Grant

Off topic? I was not talking about whether or not LNG SHOULD be built. I was not talking about whether or not LNG WOULD be built. I was talking about how people (and not just you) were so certain that their prediction would come true. My question was directed at jabber63 and investor and stglider and anybody else who seemed certain that their prediction was the right one. And in your case, I simply asked whether you were as certain of this event as you were about an event that you got wrong. You didn’t say that it is unlikely that LNG will happen. You didn’t say that there is a slim to none chance that it wouldn’t happen. You said IT WOULDN’'T HAPPEN. Just like you said the Liberals were done. So my question is very fair.

And your excuse that everybody got the election wrong really doesn’t cut it. Because… I have a memory of you (at least I vaguely remember it being you) arguing with somebody on the Tyee about the election outcome days before the election. Now maybe it wasn’t you so I apologize BUT somebody was absolutely certain the Liberals were going to lose and somebody was equally certain they would win and was talking about internal polling. That person got it right. So yes the election outcome was a surprise, the polls got it wrong, a bunch of prognosticators got egg on their faces. On election night I was actually listening to Alex Tsumakis criticizing Global and CTV and CBC for declaring the Liberals winners after a half hour of counting because he just couldn’t/wouldn’t accept the outcome.

So I repeat. My question is very fair. Are you 100% certain that we can take this to the bank or are you just pretty certain. Because it is very ironic that you talk about fool me once when it comes to responding on this site but that truism doesn’t seem to apply to your own certainty about making predictions.

On top of that I asked whether your opinions were based on anger directed at the government for lying about LNG potential. And again it is ironic that you are fighting me because for the most part I agree with most if not all of what you are saying (certainty aside).

I agree that it was crappolla pie in the sky for the industry as a whole. But my question directed at you wasn’t about the sparkly pony spinfest, my question was about the single project of Petronas. Is there the potential of one project going ahead (which it sounds like you could have supported), and if so why not Petronas?

Simple questions Grant.

Uh oh. You poked the grizzly.

1 Like

Who are these “a lot of people” ?

Petronas picked the wrong spot…Since almost none of the LNG proposals are going to happen…Petronas can buy out a different location…For example the Exxon Mobile/CONOC site…

Why mess with Canada■s second most productive wild salmon river…

Talk to you later

Thanks for that Grant. So what’s the most productive salmon run in the world?

Answer: the Fraser River. A river that has had heavy industry lining its banks for decades, that is disturbed hundreds of times each day by recreational and commercial shipping, and that has had thousands of tonnes of waste pumped into it. After many decades of this treatment, somehow the salmon run seems to be thriving.

Much of the ‘science’ peddled by the environmental crowd is simply biased, anti-capitalist nonsense. They really will oppose anything that creates jobs.

2 Likes

again Grant you do not understand the way Petronas has set up PNW LNG, they have to have shovels in the ground this year or their partners can leave the company, that is why in the fall they have stated they will go ahead with the project if they get the CEA approval, that announcement was to keep their partners in the company, if they decide to switch sites and go and redo all the CEA again their partners will leave the company. so for petronas it is all or nothing this year.

And they care about what u think? ??

So they would be ok with it if it didn’t create jobs. Do you really believe that’s their motivation?

The Dodge Cove folks might want to have a word with you.

Please come again.

Frankly, I don’t write like a rural simpleton.

And I care what u think!!
But anyways this is what ur LNG is doing!

Funny we here don’t really care what “u think”. Oh and its “ur LNG” too, regardless if you support it or not. :laughing:

They are opposed to all projects in BC. Therefore they are opposed to anything that creates jobs.

Hey Investor u should be Investing your $$$$$ in renewables not LNG!

The slump in oil prices that’s brought upheaval and cost-cutting to the traditional energy industry spared renewables such as solar and wind, which raked in a record $329.3 billion of investment last year

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-14/renewables-drew-record-329-billion-in-year-oil-prices-crashed

so you dot care that fracking has caused two of the largest related earthquakes in Canada and possibly the world?

haha so funny you think just because someone opposes LNG or Oil pipelines also opposes all types of job creation?

wind and solar energy have lots of problems, one of them being when the sun goes down or is cloudy out, the other is after about 50mph the wind turbine shuts down, and by the way do you know the biggest investors in wind generation are? it is the oil companies, you know the ones that you don’t want to see anymore oil or LNG, but if it wasn’t for their profits the few wind farms we have in canada would probably not have happened

Fracking could actually relieve the pressure created as tectonic plates move. I’d rather have lots of tiny earthquakes than one really, really big one. Wouldn’t you?

For someone like David Suzuki, sitting in his $20m Point Grey Road mansion and commanding large appearance fees wherever he goes, the job market is really not a consideration or priority.

Wow! I’m guessing you’re being tongue in cheek here. Seriously?!
I suppose it could also just as easily be argued that fracking could prematurely trigger the big one. We don’t know enough about this stuff to mess with nature.