New Businesses opening

90% sure it’s Pizza Hut returning in a much subdued form. Seen a few ad postings looking to hire locals to work for “Pizza Hut, Prince Rupert”.

Pub crawlers will have one more choice of drunk munchies soon.

Any word on A&W? lol

There are lots of rumors right now about food places. I heard Pita Pit and A & W and Burger King and KFC. That would be awesome as long as Taco Bell doesn’t come with.

I know it as fact that Pizza Hut possibly express version will be across from the Bakery … Spoke with people doing the renos and peeking in the holes in the black plastic covering you can see logos. This is at least the 3rd attempt for them here …

Pizza Hut in an express type format might actually work well here…the restaurant format would work too…it’s a shame the Terrace owner of the previous version just basically abandoned the restaurant here and allowed it to be ruined by shitty employees and managers.

I have emailed AW numerous times about their Prince Rupert plans and the latest from them as per a few months ago Is that they are STILL actively prusuing this market and that they are still in site selection with their approved franchisee.

The Pita Pit thing is true, the franchise rights were available in August and now they are not…anyone can email these restaurants franchising developers and ask…if they are available then you know no one is actively trying to bring those stores here.

Mr.mikes is another sold franchise no longer available in Prince Rupert.

Also a new business is opening in Cow Bay as well…a women’s clothing store called LeBlanc Boutique.

Who ever bought that franchise, please make that restaurant happen. We’ve been waiting for eons. lol

Definitely Pizza Hut opening across from Bakery Boy.

Www.pizzahutnorth.ca

I have always appreciated the selection of restaurant food that is available in Prince Rupert. It makes our town quite cosmopolitan. However, the lifespan of most restaurants is sill very short. It will be interesting to see which, if any survive for three years.

Economically, they are all chasing the same dinning dollars. I get more excited about our economic future when I see non-restaurant businesses opening up.

[quote=“Pantagruel”]I have always appreciated the selection of restaurant food that is available in Prince Rupert. It makes our town quite cosmopolitan. However, the lifespan of most restaurants is sill very short. It will be interesting to see which, if any survive for three years.

Economically, they are all chasing the same dinning dollars. I get more excited about our economic future when I see non-restaurant businesses opening up.[/quote]

Recent/Upcoming Non-restaurant openings:
Happy Clouds Art Studio - (Now Open - 3rd Ave)
Angel Automotive Leathers - (Now Open - Rupert Square)
PJ’s Haidaway Store (Now Open - Park Ave)
Pet Valu (Opening Soon - Rupert Square)
LeBlanc Boutique (Opening Soon - Cow Bay)

Is there a place where you can find out about new businesses when they open? I didn’t know about half of these new ones.

Except for PJ’s Haidiway, Pet Valu the rest is very selective clientele originated I still mostly shop out of town or online

Happy to see competition for Leanne’s Pet shop… Stores come and go fast as stated before

I predict that Pizza hut will not last long as the same as its last incarnation. Lately i have been going to terrace and the Product from Dominoes is far superior to anything from Pizza Hut or Panago. The manager told me that they were going to open another store in Kitimat but changed his mind when he saw how many ruperites were coming to Terrace for their pizza. I look forward to that, also Subway is going to take a huge hit if the rumours of a Pita Pit coming to town are true.

I disagree…the restaurant part of the previous incarnation of Pizza Hut is what sank it’s operations, not the delivery/takeout part…so whoever is behind this latest Pizza Hut did their homework well.

Are you saying that Domino’s is planning to come to Prince Rupert now too?

And the Pita Pit thing is not a rumour, it’s fact…the franchise was indeed sold for Prince Rupert.

That’s what they told me last night

I do believe pizza hut is owed by subway and the Hub owner. It will do fine and be a welcome addition to the 3 street area.

1 Like

Any word on A&W? McDonald’s is becoming more of an overcrowded prison cafeteria at anytime of the day, and Timmies is bursting at its seams.

I would much rather see a second timmies in this town. The double drive thru at McDonald’s has done nothing to aleviate how slow it is. Especially for the people that just want a coffee to go

1 Like

Yes my stepdaughter in Terrace ordered from Dominoes while I was The only part I agree with is that it’s “product” just like the shit flogged at Pizza Hut.
It’s not Disgustio its delivery!

2 Likes

Mr mikes should go where Johnny bs was