Air Canada adding 3rd daily flight for Prince Rupert

Hawkair’s loss, I guess?

Yeah, it will be tough for Hawk Air to re-establish itself here on the North Coast.

I saw this a while ago when checking fares/ flights for the summer that an afternoon service was added : AC did this years back, but not in recent years …
It is just for the summer but I can’t see Hawk Air ever back in Rupert. We always have the option of going to Terrace so I am hoping this will keep the fares out of Rupert the same as prior to Hawk Air leaving. The issue for many now though is that Hawk Air gives low fares for medical and bereavement, which AC does not at least not within North America. So to receive those rates we now have to go to Terrace.

My guess is that they are doing well Terrace-PG- Kelowna anyway
Also i see the space at the Highliner almost emptied out. If they did come back they could still just operate out of Digby but i am thinking it’s over for them in Rupert anyway

One thing is for sure, they have lost the local support of people in this region after doing what they did. If they come back, I (and many) will never fly with them again. They bailed on this city and have chosen to support Kelowna instead.

1 Like